SBE Chapter 56 Meeting Minutes of February 25, 2014
OETA Studios –Tulsa,OK
Chapter Chairman Roger Newton called the meeting to order.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes: Approval of Minutes as posted on the Chapter 56 website was called for, motion was requested, and motion was made, seconded, and approved by voice vote.
- Treasurer’s Report: Checking account balance on February 25, 2014 is $3,405.22. There was a $77.00 debit for a check written to the USPS for the chapter PO Box annual rental. There have been no credits.
- Secretary’s report Brett Gilbert reported verifying the previous month’s report was posted to the website and a motion to approve the minutes was made and seconded. The minutes were approved by a voice vote.
- Frequency Coordination above 1 GHz: No report – coordinator not present
- Frequency Coordination below 1 GHz: No report – coordinator not present
- EAS Report: EAS chairman not present. Brett Gilbert mentioned that the State EOC had upgraded their EAS computer/software and the monthly test duration was reset to 15 minutes by the upgrade instead of the normal 1 hour duration. This caused the February RMT to not fully propagate through the EAS chain. The error has been corrected.
- Certification Report: Next certification exams are during the NAB convention. Application deadline is March 31st, 2014.
- Website Report : Nothing to report
- Old Business: Briefly discussed the upcoming OAB and possible training and certification for SBE members but it was brought up since the OAB is in OKC this year it would probably be better to wait till 2015 when it is back in Tulsa for SBE training & certification for the chapter members. Issue was tabled. Chapter Elections were once again discussed as several positions will have to be filled this year. Per chapter by-laws Article III Section 3 no officer shall serve more than (2) consecutive terms. It was discussed should the chapter by-laws be changed to allow additional years? Issue was tabled for further discussion at next meeting.
- New Business: Darrin Hall made a motion to reimburse OETA/Roger Newton for the chapter meeting lunch from the chapter checking account. The motion was seconded and voted on and approved by a voice vote.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned
- Program: SBE Webinar – Springtime transmitter site maintenance Tips & Suggestions of maintenance items to check and inspect at your transmitter sites.