SBE Chapter 56 Meeting Minutes of July 24, 2018
Tulsa Historical Society – Tulsa, OK
Chapter Chairman Don Dobbs called the meeting to order.
- Treasurer’s Report:
Richard Hardy reported that the current account balance is $2,895.23. The most recent debit was $788.67 to reimburse Don Dobbs for his trip to SBE Nationals for the Annual Strategic Planning Conference.
He also reminded members to make sure their national membership lists Chapter 56 as their associated chapter so the chapter can receive the $15 local chapter benefit from each associated member. Since the account balance is slowly declining it is important to replenish the account as much as possible.
- Secretary’s report
Brett Gilbert has taken over the Secretary duties and is in the process of catching up on the reports.
- Frequency Coordination above 1 GHz:
Nothing to report
- Frequency Coordination below 1 GHz: Richard Hardy is looking for someone with a TV background to take over the above 1 GHz duties since they would be more familiar with the spectrum needs.
- EAS Report: FCC has scheduled the annual national test for September 20th, more information will be forthcoming
- Certification Report:
Reminder to members that if you have 20 years of engineering experience to look into the CPBE certification. This level carries additional benefits above other certification levels and is highly recommended for anyone meeting the certification criteria.
- Website Report : Nothing to report
- Old Business: Nothing to report
- New Business: Richard stated that the chapter needs to find some new sustaining members as some of the former sustaining members such as Gotcher Tower are no longer in business and the account is slowly being depleted.
Meeting was adjourned
Broadcast Radio Engineering & Consultant – ABIP inspections – benefits of having an ABIP inspection performed, items and issues the FCC is looking at during broadcast facility inspections.
(417) 827-6601 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour of Tulsa Historical Society exhibit of History of Broadcasting in Tulsa.