SBE Chapter 56 Meeting Minutes of January 22, 2019
KOED/OETA – Tulsa, OK
Chapter Chairman Don Dobbs called the meeting to order. Attendees introduced themselves.
- Treasurer’s Report:
There have been no debits or credits, balance remains $3,283.19
- Secretary’s reportNothing to report. Minutes of last meeting were approved.
- Frequency Coordination above 1 GHz:Roger Newton – nothing to report
- Frequency Coordination below 1 GHz: Richard Hardy – nothing to report
- EAS Report: Roger Herring not present – Brett Gilbert reported BLU alert firmware has been be released by several manufacturers. Roger Herring & Britt Lockhart are waiting to hear from the State of Oklahoma / DPS what their plans are for potential BLU alerts.
- Certification Report:
David Shaffer, not present. Next testing schedule (applications closed) February 1st – 11th
- Old Business: No old business to discuss
- New Business:
No new businessFebruary 26th will be Staco Energy Products
OAB will be April 5th at the Skirvin in Oklahoma City. Note: it is immediately adjacent to the NAB beginning on April 6th.
- Adjournment:Meeting was adjourned
Dan Giesler of Giesler Broadcast Supply (www.gbs-giesler.com) and Dan Sessler of RF Specialties of Texas (https://rfspecialties.com/rf-specialties-of-texas) hosted lunch today for the chapter.
Jeff Wilson of Nautel presented Nautel’s Making HD Radio Deployments Easier and More Affordable
Discussion of the various transmitter offerings from Nautel for FM/AM/HD transmission.
Nautel – Regional Sales Manager – Western US
(902) 823-3900 ext 5151