SBE Chapter 56 Meeting Minutes of July 23, 2013
KOTV Studio /GriffinMedia –Tulsa,OK
Chapter Chairman Roger Newton called the meeting to order and asked everyone to introduce themselves.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes: Approval of Minutes as posted on the Chapter 56 website was called for, motion was requested, and motion was made, seconded, and approved by voice vote.
- Secretary’s report:
Meeting minutes from June were posted to the chapter website and submitted to national.
- Treasurers Report:
Darin Hall reported that on 6-25-13 the balance in the SBE 56 checking account was $3,715.30. There has been one credit from the SBE National chapter rebate for $387.40. There have been four checks written, one for the June chapter lunch and three for the OAB/SBE CBNE certification reimbursement for a total of $451.34. The current balance in the Chapter 56 checking account as of 7-23-13 is $3,651.37
- Frequency Coordination above 1 GHz:
No report – coordinator not present
- Frequency Coordination below 1 GHz:
Richard Hardy had nothing to report.
- EAS Report: No report – EAS chair not present
- Certification Report:
Certification chairman not present. Roger Newton said the deadline for applications for the November testing window is September 13th.
- Website Report : Nothing to report
- Old Business:
Roger Newton has spoken with Vance Harrison at the OAB and has tentatively discussed October for an engineering meeting with TV Managers to discuss the implications of the TV band re-packing.
- New Business: No new business
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned
Senior Account Executive
Electronics Research, Inc
Television Broadcast Systems
David presented a program on corrosion and maintenance issues regarding broadcast towers with a special emphasis on hollow leg tower concerns.
He provided a case study that ERI was involved with where a hollow leg tower with severe corrosion had to be demolished in a controlled manner with a small fall radius to protect adjacent structures.