SBE Chapter 56 Meeting Minutes of September 22, 2015
OETA Studios – Tulsa, OK
Chapter Chairman Roger Newton called the meeting to order.
- Treasurer’s Report: No debits or credits, chapter account balance is $3,744.99
- Secretary’s report August minutes have not yet been posted to web site
- Frequency Coordination above 1 GHz: Not Present.
- Frequency Coordination below 1 GHz: Not Present
- EAS Report: Nothing to report
- Certification Report: Nothing to report
- Website Report : Nothing to report
- Old Business: No old business other than chapter is way overdue for officer elections.
- New Business: Motion made to reimburse OETA for lunch from Mazzio’s. Motion seconded and approved with voice vote.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned
State of Oklahoma – Dept. of Emergency Management Oklahoma First Informer Act progress & information report
Michelann Ooten, Deputy Director provided information and progress regarding the First Informer Act (2014 HB 3156 ) in Oklahoma which is a certification program for media (primarily engineers) to be certified and credentialed by the state. The Act was put into effect to require State and Local agencies to allow access to first informer (media) access to their facilities during a disaster to ensure continued operation of those facilities during an emergency.
Michelann explained that the process is still a work in progress, such as there are no official credentials yet in place and they state is still working to educate local counties and cities about the act. They also provided contact information for them in the event of an emergency to help with facility access if site access was denied.
(405) 205-1879 – email@example.com
Keli Cain Public
Information Officer (405) 590-0120 – firstname.lastname@example.org