SBE Chapter 56 Meeting Minutes of January 26, 2016
OETA Studios – Tulsa, OK
Chapter Chairman Roger Newton called the meeting to order.
- Treasurer’s Report: Not present, emailed report that checking account balance is $3537.76 and the last check that was written was for the September 2016 meeting for $207.23
- Secretary’s report Nothing to report.
- Frequency Coordination above 1 GHz: Nothing to report.
- Frequency Coordination below 1 GHz: Not present, nothing to report.
- EAS Report: Roger Herring discussed upcoming FEMA NPT scheduled for Oklahoma on February 24th at 1:20pm CT. It was discussed that stations are highly encouraged to participate in the test vs. just logging the test. Also Sage units will eventually need a firmware update to accept the “All States” FIPS code of 00000
- Certification Report: Exam dates coming up, NAB April 19th, Local Chapters June 3 – 13th, August 5th – 15th, and November 4th – 20th.
- Website Report : Nothing to report
- Old Business: Briefly discussed progress on First Informers Act of Broadcasters in State of Oklahoma and implementation is ongoing.
OAB / SBE is April 1st at the Tulsa Hard Rock Casino.
7:30am – Breakfast is served
8:00am – SBE 56 & SBE 85 combined meeting.
8:15am – Art Morris, Oklahoma ABIP inspector (30 minutes)
8:45am – Visit with vendors
9:00am – NAB’s IT session (1hr 15mns)
10:15am – Visit with vendors
10:30am – ENG Mast Safety (1hr 15mns)
11:45am – OAB Lunch Session
1:15pm – Visit with vendors
1:30pm – Drone Technology and Broadcasting (1hr 15mns)
2:45pm – Engineering Sessions conclude
Suggestion of new chapter officers for approval in March/April:
Chairman – Don Dobbs
Vice-Chair – Roger Herring
Treasurer – Richard Hardy
Secretary – Roger Newton
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned
- Program: No program this meeting.